Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Combination Bell/Nature Museum



I've known about this bell museum for quite some time. Marijke's mother visited it years ago and sent her a postcard that she's used as a bookmark all this time. So, when Tante Magda suggested we drive there one day, I was very excited.













TM got to try out handbells for the first time here - it's a rare thing in Holland to find a bell choir. There's one affiliated with the museum (3 octaves) and only one or two others in the whole country. One lit-up map shows where all the church or town steeple bells are located.






What we didn't expect is to find a nature museum at the same time! (And a delightful bar where we took two breaks - for coffee first and then lunch!) Thanks SO much, TM - I LOVED the gardens and playing the foot-bells, too after a little demonstration. - Teddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home