Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This is The Day!!

Today's the Day!! I've got a hundred pounds of outfits in these two big bags of mine plus some favorite spices, etc.; even three pairs of cargo pants for the boys over there - thanks to Adrienne Stout! Pray we get through customs O.K. and that nothing gets lost. I'll be sure to pack my toothbrush in my pocket, of course.

I'll let you know how it went (provided I can figure out the computer over there - and provided my camera cord works, etc.) I've got my charger and a transformer, etc... If not - C'est la vie (as they say in France - That's Life!)

It's been fun tripping with you so far. Would you please pray for my unfamily while I'm gone (only three of them will be living in this house - you can see pictures on the famiy blog site: bakercrowd.blogspot.com) .

Last night the 'east coasters' met for dinner and I hardly did a thing, thanks to Nancy, Reid, Danielle, Will and Thomas (little Olice doesn't do much except supervise). Dot and Ray Somers came to eat with us (we adopted them 15 years ago) and I'd like to ask you to pray for them, too - as well as my other ungrandparents : Alan and Joyce Baker in New Jersey and Hans & Ine Schepers in Ontario. They are all feeling their age and I'll be quite sad and apprehensive to be so much farther away.

In case of an emergency, be sure to contact me at lrlindquist@compuserve.com. Things are not going too smoothly over there right now with the missionary family. I'm sure glad the rest of the team is there to support Rose (Lindquist) because she has had to tend to her husband, Lynn at the hospital - he was admitted two nights ago with what appeared to be heart pain. He is doing much better now and all the tests came back good - he is just very tired and really looking forward to being in his cozy home with all his five wonderful children. Our team has another job now - we'll be trying to help reduce whatever stresses we can from this devout and faithful family.

Rose's phone numbers, should you need them are:
home: 011-33-04-76-110-036 and cell: 011-33-06-33-371-463.

The time will go quickly, I bet, but I sure will miss y'all - Teddy

P.S. You can pray for me, too 'cause this is how I feel when I'm sleeping on a plane:

By the way, the address over there if you feel the urge to send me a postcard is:

Teddy Ricardo
c/o Camp des Cimes
La Rivoire
38520 Bourg d'Oisans
France

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home