Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Anyone Know How Far 35 Kilometers is?


That's how far this crazy bear biked today! Well, 34.5 to be precise! And you can see a lot of things in that distance. Naturally I have my favorite shots to share but, for the rest, you may want to visit the following link.
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu44/kenmarijke/Biking%20in%20Rotterdam/
The weather was beary nice, that's for sure, and Oom Hans is such a gentleman - treating me to coffee and lunch at two different stops.

Check out this real, live stork's nest. I didn't know that they come back to the exact sight year after year.



Hey, I got this picture of what I call a 'shrunken digger' - what do you think, Garrison, Olice, Daniel, Jack Greer and Red?

This is the way some of the dutch apparently send their brides and grooms off - in a car decorated with white ribbon. Aren't I the lucky bear to come upon this sight? What do you think of this idea, Caroline, Georgia, and Elloree?
Incidentally, I took the following picture for the unborn cousins. Another wonderful tradition in this country is that when a little girl is born, it's quite the thing to eat biscuit with white&pink muisjes.Don't worry, I'll have this again when the girls get here! - Lots of love to all you wonderful grands, Teddy

2 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn & Floyd said...

love the pink and white sprinkles shot! Even though they aren't my favorite taste, i love that you are anticipating these little darling girls. :) N's is coming July 30th... at least that's the schedule!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Marijke said...

WOW - I didn't know there was a date set! Let's see if her little one will wait that long, eh? And you? August first maybe? Just to give them different months!

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home