Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Taking the Dutch Way from one town to the next

Though I didn't drive my bike to the station and park it, I DID take the bus from Tante Magda's to get there. I wanted to go to Oom Hans' and Tante Anke's house in Rotterdam and I didn't feel like taking my car. Anyway, I was so glad because I got to sit next to such a nice Christian lady. Marguerite was from Cameroon, Africa and we didn't have enough time before we parted. Perhaps we'll be able to converse further by email!? Her bible was a french one so I recited John 3:16 for her in that language. She could also speak English beautifully and Dutch, of course. We encouraged each other, I believe.

After a little more than an hour's ride, I'd say, I hopped a trolley for the rest of the way and - voila - a new home with excellent conversation and food (again)!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home