Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tante Magda's house sure is a comfortable place to stay!

Arriving at Marijke's dad's sister's house is always a treat. And it has been so great to see Thomas' reaction to her spontaneous way of hosting. We parked our car and used the available bicycles for shopping and sight-seeing trips and were even allowed to do jobs to earn our keep as well. How do you like the way Thomas and Ken trimmed the hedge? I'm especially fond of the wooden and handmade toys that are sprinkled here and there. Boy would all those grandbabies have a great time over here!! Check out the little flower that Thomas picked for me - and the cigar he smoked. Yuk. By the way, the guy that looks just like my un-mom is her brother, Albert. He's been taking a lot of good pictures so I may have to steal some of them - especially those of the Schepers' reunion. But that will have to wait until I tell you about our wonderful time with the other side of the family - the Molijn's. But I've blogged quite enough for one bear's day, don't you think? - Ted











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home