Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life is SO short!


Yesterday was such a traumatic day for me. It started out so innocently, too. I was enjoying a short bike ride and looking around at all the usual dutch sights when all of a sudden my un-mom hit a bump and I bit the dust. Well, actually, I landed in a soft bit of grass on the side of the road but she didn't know it and I couldn't shout loud enough for her to find me. I was quite sure that by the time she and Ken had driven by for the third time and had not found me that they would give up the search. And I was almost right, too. But, just when I was giving up all hope, a little dog came along and discovered me in the grass and brought me to the path in front of their very noses. Talk about answer to prayer! And thank goodness it stays light here until almost 10:00 at night, too.



Once everyone got over the shock of this drama, we were off again to find the church that we want to go to on Sunday. Here are some pictures and I'll let you know how it goes - they speak English there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home