Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Almost Time to Hibernate!!


Last night all the volunteers got together except Bill Cross (but he really was in France last month; we have pictures to prove it). Unfortunately, I think I must be slipping in and out of hibernation already 'cause I slept through the reunion! (Thankfully my Uncle Sam filled in for me in the group picture.)

The team had a great time looking at one another's pictures and laughing at themselves (Matt, you sure don't mind letting everyone know that you're scared of heights, do you?)

I'll include some shots of the construction project as it was left! What an improvement, eh? You can see the three steps to the floor process - cocoa pebbles, floating board and then top sheets. That last stuff was so powdery that it needed to be taken to the balcony to be cut - one floor down. But that didn't slow this team down much! They achieved a huge part of the goal and will look forward to the plumbing and bathroom work next year, Lord willing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home