Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, May 29, 2006

No TV Also Means More Time for One-on-One






Like I said, one night Ken gave a mini art lesson to Rose, Miriam and Brad (Bob looked on). Time was also spent with new friends like Robby and his girlfriend as well as Candide's family, the Gionanninni's. All of us spent some lovely times talking with Robert (Comte - he doesn't speak any English, by the way) and he apparently made a HUGE dinner for the team after I left. They raved about his cooking skills!

One evening Ken, Brad and Matt hiked a challenging trail from the chalet to the top of the nearest 'hill' (it took almost an hour and a half and three years off their lives). You can see the Camp of the Peaks in the background of this other hiking shot, by the way. Another time the boys got to watch a bit of a rugby game in town. Yes, we managed very nicely without a TV for all those weeks and are all richer for it!



Of all the 'things' to see and do in France, I sure do miss the people most, though - especially Robert. Guess I'll send him a picture or two - that way I won't have to write too many difficult french words... Teddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home