Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Camp Birthdays



Jane and my unmom had so much fun coming up with an appropriate birthday cake for Brad. Because he was not very fond of spiders, nor regular cake, we decorated a huge double cookie (his favorite recipe) with a chocolate spider web. Even Merrick and Malon got into the act by bringing a plastic spider up the hill for us to use! Since we didn't have candles in the chalet, we soaked sugar cubes in alcohol and lit them - I don't recommend this!! The team gave Brad some candies made out of honey 'cause that's one food he loves to put on fresh baguettes. (I happen to like honey, too - hee hee).

By the time Matt's birthday rolled around, the kitchen crew managed to have candles on hand and this time they made a real live cake. Only thing was that it sank rather badly when it came out of the oven. It was therefore easier to decorate it as a ski slope, though - complete with Brad on skis and Matt with a French beret on a snowboard. (The ski poles are made out of celery, by the way - a food Matt claims he saw at every meal.) As for his team present, well nothing less than chocolate candies would do! Here's a shot of him with the card that Connie left for him - and the penguin napkins she wanted us to use in her 'memory'.

By the way, Brad got more mail during his weeks at camp but Matt actually got a present - GO, MOM!

3 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

Teddy, your unmom always had the best birthday cake ideas. I'm glad she had an excuse to use that talent.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5:56 AM  
Blogger Marijke said...

Is it impolite in the human world to sign a letter, "anonymous"?-T

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home