Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Other Americans (& Canadians) in Grenoble!!






This past Sunday our team had the pleasure of eating lunch at the home of Norma and Bruce Fogelsong. And I got to go, too! Here I am sampling some of the many olives we consumed and a lovely fresh carrot. Everyone devoured the paupiettes, the noodles with mushroom gravy and the mixed vegetable casserolle (with a devine chocolate sheet cake afterwards). Not only was it all so delicious but I'm so glad I didn't have to cook for a change and the team was glad to get a break from my bear-able cooking, too!!

We got to eat with three of their four children - Marc, Kaitlin and Julie - and another English speaking friend of theirs, Andrew. (So sorry that I'm not too great with last names!) Towards the end of our hours-long visit on their sunny patio, Tara and Andrea stopped by - they are both Canadian and are playing volleyball here in Grenoble - wonder if they'll get to meet my un-cousin, Ryan DeBruyn one day! He just won the 'Rookie of the Year' award for all the colleges in Canada!

The Fogelsong's will be returning to the States after this summer but have thoroughly enjoyed their 3 plus years in France. Hope we can keep in touch - I love sending and getting letters or emails! - Teddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home