Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Working with Bob the Builder




Just when you thought all we did was play jokes up here, you get to see a lot of pictures of the major plastering project that's going on! In total there are going to be 7 bedrooms for 30 campers; three of these rooms will have lofts above (so you can tell how high the ceilings are) and each room will have its own sink. The bathrooms and showers will be in the hallways.

Unfortunately, I have to report some rather disconcerting news at this point. Our team has found out that there appears to be $35,000 lacking to finish the plumbing of all these water pipes! What a shame if us workers wouldn't be able to complete the work that we are here to do! Ooh la la - I'm glad I believe in miracles - we sure are praying for one now. And I'll definitely let you know how this funding problem gets resolved!!

For now, though, we will continue with the walls, walls, and more walls. Hey, check out some of these views for all these future campers.

Love, Ted. R.

P.S. That's Matt in the window and Ralph is above in the check shirt - he had to leave us - more on that later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home