Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

An Unexpected Dentist's Visit



You'll never believe what happened this week! Talk about miracles.

Well, I was having tooth problems and taking a lot of medicine to relieve the pain but I didn't really want to take the time to go to Grenoble to see a dentist if I didn't have to. (We go there on Sundays but it's an hour away from the camp).

Well, after church last Sunday (which was Easter), I asked the choir director, Penny if there was 'a dentist in the house'. She said there was and introduced me to Dr. Paul Louis Albertini. Guess what! He was kind enough to take me to his office right then and there! The rest of the team had lunch and picked me up a couple of hours later. What an answer to prayer, eh?

Not only did I not have to take team members away from the work at camp on a weekday to drive me into town, but I do believe it would have been difficult to find a dentist who could have fit in a root canal surgery at short notice.

Anyway, this fine man even gave me a fabulous price!! Now I'm as good as new and can cook for the workers with a new song in my heart! He will be rewarded, I'm sure, for his generosity and unsurpassed kindness. Blessings, TR

(I call it my two hour massage of the inner tooth!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn & Floyd said...

Wow, Mom! I'll be praying that your tooth (and the rest of your mouth, for that matter) will give you no further problems! And if you run into your "Guardian Dentist" again, tell him I am praying that God will shower him with blessings for his compassion and generosity! I love you and miss you and Dad!
Love, Shin

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know that you are back up to speed and are ready to go again. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed reading about your adventures, my dear Teddy. You all have and will continue to be in my prayers. Safe travels and adventures.

Best,
Courtenay

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home