Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tripping in Torino

Did I tell you that the team took a trip to Torino, Italy the other weekend - to see the site of this year's winter Olympics? Most of the peole in that city were so nice - especially the police after some guys tried to take my unmom's wallet from her purse. (Luckily her money and charge cards were with me in her pocket but it was a scare, for sure!)

This was a beautiful city despite the overcast weather. But our team always manages to have fun after a week of hard work. Even my undad was hamming it up. I'll try to blog that picture...

I took a picture of our team leader at 'Cafe' Roberto' and then later of another Roberto - the owner of the restaurant we stopped at on our way back to camp. It was called Kilt Pizza!!????

P.S. Can you tell how thrilled I was to be sitting on a real Italian Vespa scooter?



4 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

Looks like you are having fun! Looking forward to talking to you on TUESDAY!!!!! Hooray! G Money keeps asking to call Oma...

4:21 PM  
Blogger Evelyn & Floyd said...

Wow, that is scary about your wallet. Do you remember when that happened in Paris?? People must think you are an easy target...but you keep them fooled.... Love you!
-Shin

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home