Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cooking in the Chalet Kitchen





Let me tell you a little secret. Before coming to France, I was really dreading cooking for so many people - and for so often, too. I knew it would be too expensive to go to the few fast food places nearby (plus everyone would get tired of pizza in a hurry) and I knew I could barely understand the directions on the few prepackaged meals in the stores!

But now I'm starting to really enjoy myself. The guys are so thrilled at mealtimes (after their hard work on the job site) that it makes it fun to create new and tasty dishes! I guess all that practice I had helping cook for my unsiblings has paid off. One thing I must add, though - I wouldn't be this thrilled with cooking if it weren't for the fact that every time I get a dish dirty, Jane cleans it!

Anyway, we have a great table to eat at (this picture was taken before Connie & Ralph left us) and after each meal we take time to remember our friends & family either at home or on other mission fields.

Here's a picture of our bulletin board wall on which is tacked news that we don't want to forget to pray about. We've been told that many are praying for us, too - for safety and that the project can be completed. I for one hope that God answers those prayers by sending more workers and funds!!

But He knows best and we better not think that we can tell Him how to do His job!!

Starting to miss Greenville a bit - Teddy

P.S. Has anyone ever had raclette before? It's a little time consuming to make and eat but is it ever worth the effort!! Bon Appetit...

P.P.S. In this country it is possible to buy 10 hot dogs in a package as well as 10 hot dog buns! Amazing.

P.P.P.S. I also learned a good trick from Lynn Lindquist. If you keep a bit of cold water in your mouth while chopping onions (and I've gone through at least 3 bags or more so I know), your eyes won't tear up! Let me know if this works for you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that bear would replace me! He looks good with the skillet. Be sure Robert doesn't try and have him for a meal.
So glad everyone is having fun even without me! =(
Stay healthy and try and beat the 1 hr 25 min time.

Hugs!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Evelyn & Floyd said...

See, mom! It's never too late to learn new tricks! Daddy will be so glad when you bring those cooking skills home with you! I'm glad you will be home in a week! Love you bunches!
-Shin

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm yet ANOTHER sister of Bob the Builder. Lou sent me this link and I have LOVED reading all about what you all are doing (especially since Bob and Jane are not very communicative when they are over there...hmmmmmm!)
Please tell them that we can't wait to see them next month when we have our family get-together..
Anne Ramsey

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home