Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

All By Yourself with no TV?








How about when you're by yourself at camp and there's no TV? Well, there's always a Sudoku puzzle to work on, or a basketball net to throw a ball at. Listening to music and/or taking a nap is always good. Rose did her very first oil painting on her own after a lesson from my undad. Petting a cat was fun (for humans) and knowing how to stitch was a blessing. I personally loved to sing songs like my idle, Winnie the Pooh and I sniffed a lot of pretty wildflowers, too but reading had to be the best.

The book I really liked is called "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" (by Joanna Weaver). I got to share a lot of her humorous but wise words when it came time for me to lead the devotions (we all took turns after the evening meal.) The whole principle is that we need to be balanced in life. When we love the Lord, there are times to work for Him (like Martha) and there are times to just sit and worship Him (like Mary) but the key is knowing that both these things are important. When we keep in touch with God through prayer and reading the bible, He will tell us when to stay still and when to help someone. We should feel at peace if some days we do more work than worship or vice versa. More importantly, we should have flexibility and a worshipful heart in all we do. End of sermonette! - Teddy


P.S. Hiking in the snow is another fun thing to do by yourself but be careful not to get bearied alive!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home