Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Picking up the Car in Antwerp







Teddy here again. As promised, here are some shots of when I left Greenville and arrived in Belgium. From Brussells airport, it was a short train ride to Antwerp. What an amazing train station that town has! Our hotel room had a great view as we recouperated and waited for the car insurance to become instated. Then, at last, we took a tram & bus and walked the rest of the way to the dock. Our Saab was blocked in at that point but after one good push (of the old Mercedes that was in front), we were off. Soon we got told that we'd better have a licence tag on the front of our car (the policemen were nice about it, thankfully) so here's a shot of Ken's homemade 'Belgium' tag. We're definitely an attraction with our SC plate on the back (we even had someone take a picture of it while they were driving behind us!)




Many things on this trip remind us of home. First were the letters that the kids gave us to read on the plane; what an encouraging surprise!
Wish we could bring you a souvenir from this shop, Dan - and the girl with the bike by the boat? Just a sweet shot to share. We miss our family and friends more than you will know.

1 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

we MISS you, too...;(

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home