Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Riom - and the Ivanoff's

Such dear, dear hosts you were, Claudine and Igor! We enjoyed our stay immensely but fear that we didn't get to stay long enough! We got to see so many beautiful buildings around your great town, though and we enjoyed many a meal and conversation during our short visit. Marijke even got a haircut which was most appreciated!! But where was I during all the site-seeing in Riom? In the back of the car eating strawberries, I think...>





Not only were we treated to a tastefully decorated home but many of the art pieces were originals! Claudine, you are a terrific artist.

A specialty of the area (or all of France maybe?) are these delicious meringue-type cookies. Thank you, I&C for sending us on the road with a box of them - the chocolate and strawberry ones were my favorite, of course!

For more of the architecture and feel of the town, let me offer you a link to photobucket.com:
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu44/kenmarijke/Riom%20and%20invanoffs/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home