Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Noah's ARK!!



This is one stop I REALLY wanted to make, ever since I saw pictures online some months ago. So, after a two hour drive by car, a twenty minute ferry ride to the island of Texel and a 6 km. bicycle ride, we arrived. And I was NOT disappointed at all. Not only did this carpenter build a 1/4 size model of Noah's real ark (which was huge) but he made sure that people touring inside would see pictures of other stories in the bible. The best part for me were the proofs that evolution is a joke and the world is nowhere near the age that some scientists and others believe. Pictures taken after the volcanic eruption of Mt. St. Helens, for instance, show how formations are made in VERY short lengths of time, thanks to the mass of rock moved in that event. Naturally the flood, with the weight of all that water, caused the earth's formations that some want to believe are millions of years old.

But, who am I but a humble bear. I do know that the more I read of the bible, the more I believe - and not just a couple of 'stories', either. After all, if God is big enough to make this whole planet and universe and ME so perfectly, then why couldn't he also do all the other miraculous things recorded in the bible! Some people just don't bother to read, let alone believe, God's love letter to us. That's up to them, I guess.





Once again I'll have to pass on the link showing the wonderful day we had on this quaint and secluded island north of Amsterdam. But I thought you'd like to see Ken's no-speed bike and the bag I travelled in on the back of Marijke's 7-speed. Turned out that the latter was the better choice, considering the wind we had to face on the return trip. It even made our cheese into a flag.

Meanwhile, if the Ark ever comes near you, go see it - you won't be sorry. - TR



http://photobucket.com/NoahsArk_photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home