Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Visit with a VERY Artistic Cousin








Marijke's cousin Michiel was kind enough to let us pop over (at last minute notice) to see what he was working on for next week's art show in his town of Voorschoten (near Delft). Several artists will be displaying their inspired works after each of them had individually spent a week on one of Holland's northern islands. Since we had just been on another such island the day before, we could really appreciate the scenery that Michiel was depicting.

As you can tell, he REALLY likes trees - finding and painting them; the older the better. And the mobiles are of pine cones he's collected from around the world. Apparently he puts a candle on one and as everything spins, the shadows are quite inspiring.

We got to see Marlies for a few quick minutes, by the way, as she was just leaving to teach an art lesson. Thanks for putting the coffee on for us - you're a doll.

Naturally not all these paintings are from that island (can't remember the name) but I think Ken is challenged to try some big pieces when he has a chance.


Maybe next time we'll get to see Marlies a bit more; and maybe it will be night time so we can see those shadows on the ceiling. (But I DID tell you that the sun doesn't go down until 10:30 now, didn't I? Not exactly the time a polite little bear should be out visiting.)

Next I'll show you a couple of works that Ken has done. They're not big but they're powerful and I'm proud of him! - Ted

1 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn & Floyd said...

hello Michiel! We think of you often when we look at our Honeymoon portrait you did for us! Such a special memory.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home