Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, October 05, 2009

Visiting Beautiful Sites is Funner with Friends

With all that Christian had to do before leaving for his new management assignment in Romania, it was quite the sacrifice to spend a day site-seeing and hiking with us Baker's. Lac Chambon is situated atop a volcanic moutain with a great beach and pristine waters. Although it was a warm summer day, at this altitude of 1600 meters, the breezes and shade made for a perfect setting. A vacation favorite for many, this location has a variety of venues such as castles, climbing & hiking, kids' playgrounds, boating and fishing. All in all, the food, weather and company made for an absolutely perfect day. Thank you so much, Falconet's.






















A couple of pictures deserve a little explanation, though. Like the self-cleaning porta-potty - an engineering marvel. And what look like strings or something are actually bungy-type cords for kids to play on. Then there were the following shots of a huge open-air sculpture project. With Marijke's love of stitching, we had to investigate this huge star made with 'yarn' and big 'bobbins' as in lacemaking. It nearly ended in a catastrophe when I got lost, though; thankfully some other tourists found me! I guess you could say I got kind of tangled up in the moment.






Here you see us walking back towards the restaurant where we had just eaten.
I LOVE happy endings! - Teddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home