Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fantastic Farewell Dinner in an Artist's Paradise





Yes, Belgium was wonderful - as were Katy and Wilifried. Isn't it strange that they were the first people we met when we started our journey (in the airport, remember?) and the last people we saw before we left for home! They'll obviously be very special people in our book - for that reason but for other things as well (like their love of art and BEARS!)

Knowing that Wilifried's son and family are just up the road from us near Charlotte, NC means there could be a BIG chance that our paths cross again one day - and soon, we hope! It'd then be OUR turn to show them some beary good times. Hopefully we could half match their generosity and hospitable ways because it'd be impossible to show them as exciting cities or historic places as we saw with them! For instance: these pictures of this seemingly simple river scene (taken with Wilifried's camera because mine stopped working at the last hour). It's what we saw from our farewell dinner table at the Halifax Restaurant; no wonder Emile Claus and other artists enjoyed painting along the banks of this river. The lighting was phenomenal.

And now my posting is almost completely over until the next trip. As in all cases, though, it was fun to go away but it's fun to come home, too. You'll be able to tell by the pictures of the happy reunion with some of the babes (next blog).

With love, Teddy

P.S. I hope I don't have to carry around my big, beautiful Canon camera with me next time - that'd be kind of cumbersome (and scary, too). Mmmm - it does take good pictures, though. We'll keep you posted. (Ha Ha - get it? POSTED!)


Here's me with the old faithful Olympus, too - what a shame that it costs so much to get that little plastic piece repaired! However, when I think of how many pictures that've been taken over the past six years!! It's incredible that it lasted this long really and I feel very blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home