Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Mont St. Michel - here we come!









These few pictures don't give enough credit to the beauty of this monastery! Suffice it to say that this was a side trip that we're ALL so glad we took. Even from a distance this place takes one's breath away; it's so cool that there are no obstructions to block the view from miles away! We can only imagine how fabulous it must be on the inside! If we hadn't been on our way home, we might have considered spending the night here to get an inside look. But we did stay long enough to have supper before continuing our journey to the port in Belgium.

The reason we even went out of our way to see this place was because Ken's grandmother always had a picture of St. Michel on her dining room wall; he remembers thinking that he'd LOVE to see the real thing one day. As it turns out, we don't know if we actually found the right place because, though it sounds crazy, Ken actually discovered another Mont St. Michel - in England. These humans; always making things complicated.

Now I've got at least three reasons to visit England in the future! Stonehenge, Mont St. Michel (probably spelled differently) and the illusive crop circles! - Teddy


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home