Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

La Trinite sur Mer


















The town of La Trinite Sur Mer has so much to offer. No wonder it is almost always covered up with tourists. We stood amazed at the number of sailing masts standing tall in the harbor and at the pretty colors of the ships. We enjoyed it when the tide went out on the river - the boats sure looked funny parked on the mud. We watched kids coming in from their sailing lessons and felt the sea breezes every minute of every day. Talk about paradise.








Naturally some of the BEST days spent in this exquisite area were the ones we shared with our good friend, Claudine. She was such a terrific hostess and we all have such fond memories of our time together. (I think she likes me a lot!) Not only did she show us how to take care of their sweet old cottage but the meal we ate together in the garden was wonderful. Before she left to see their new granddaughter, she made sure we were well informed of all the touristy things that we would NOT want to miss and she took us on a pretty walk along the ocean, too (pics of that next).

We have such fond memories of our meal in that elegant restaurant, L'Arrosoir (next to the mayor's office where we got to plug in for the internet some days). And we sure talked a lot about Igor! We were all sorry that he had to miss out on our special times - but we know he was happy somewhere off the coast of Greece on his sailboat!

Maybe one day we'll join both of you there (your third home)!




One more picture before I leave you: some guy taking a picture of the back of our car! Apparently South Carolina license plates are pretty rare around these parts because (as I may have already told you) oftentimes we would be driving down the road and someone would have a camera out in the car behind us! I felt like such a celebrity - Teddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home