Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, July 13, 2009

City Views of Leipzig


Sorry - closed on Mondays!!









Remember the day K, M and I went in to the city with the girls and found the museums closed? Well, we ended up getting haircuts so that was great but we quickly realized that every where you look is one big museum anyway! As a matter of fact, in rebuilding one portion of the town, these medeival ruins were uncovered!

How do you like the artwork on THIS one building? Can you see the three guys working on the scaffolding? I'd have been scared if it had been me up there!

As it was, I was a little scared to be on this fountain but the girls wouldn't let me fall!



Yes, Miriam and Valerie were wonderful tour guides & translators plus they knew just the kind of place we'd like to have lunch at! Yum!

To make a sweet day even sweeter, though, Marga joined us for a coffee at the end of her work day. Can you see the elephants on the building behind us? Like I said, the whole city is one big museum and I hope to go back again one day soon - Teddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home