Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weimar with Joerg - another sweet memory!


Here's me waiting for the concert to begin - and our tour guide directing the imaginary audience! (Guess you had to be there!)



With Joerg as our guide and the girls as 'refreshment' again, Ken, Marijke and I had a fantastic time visiting the lovely town of Weimar. (Marga assured us that she had just as good a time at home planning for their vacation; she'd obviously seen this city before).

Anyway, with such good company and such great food (we chose this quaint restaurant when "Oma's Dumplings" was closed), how could the day have gone any other way than fantastic?


By the way, remember the porcelain bells that Joerg showed us in Leipzig? Well they were models of the ones on this building in Weimar!














Many of the cities in Europe have a lot of graffitti on the walls of buildings and walls, etc. Not so in Weimar. But here's one bit of artwork that was quite pleasing to look at! The Baumheuer's family cat, Nero could have been the model except that he has white paws.

Here's Nero - even Ken liked this well-behaved feline - perhaps because he acts more like a canine and didn't try to scratch or anything and would even lie down and ask for his belly to be rubbed. I wonder if he'd like to come to South Carolina?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home