Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Friends get ready to leave; we go to Prague for weekend




Trying not to get in anyone's way (I'm a pretty respectful bear really), K, M and I took off for a weekend in Prague while our dear friends made their final plans and left for their vacation! They gave us such a warm sendoff - with enough food for TWO picnics, I think! Thank you SO much!



Arriving in the evening was not as bad as it could have been - our street car took us to just the best parts of town and we got to see them all over again the next days in a different light!







Amazed by all the architecture and views, we didn't think it was necessary to tackle all these stairs to the castle - mistakingly assuming that we'd be able to at least see it from the top of the church tower.

Only Marijke and I climbed the church tower, as it turned out - here's Ken from below and from the top. But, like I said, we were wrong. Yes, there were pretty views of the city but not one glimpse of the castle, unfortunately. Guess that's one good reason to come back again, eh? Oh - and maybe to go on the beer tour!





Do these next photographs give you a clue as to which embassy we got to see?



(it was pretty heavily guarded, as you can see - by Winston himself!)

Here's the view of the Charles bridge from the tower - can you see how crowded it is? Well, there weren't any cars which was great but there was construction going on which was unfortunate - but the scene was so alive with jazz musicians and artists and everything in between!


Yes, it WAS a hot day - we were thankful for an umbrella. Anyone want an ice cream?

FINALLY - back to the room after miles and miles of walking! What a thrilling place! Thomas, we can see why you loved it here, too. Only one problem, eh? The language - anyone know where a bear can get Chech lessons? - Teddy.


P.S. I wonder if it's possible to see the castle from the top of the Charles bridge?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home