Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Other Forms of Transportation

I mentioned our recent walks and I've got some pretty pics to post later but how fun would foot travel be with shoes like these?


By the way, I just LOVED the pedestrian crossing lights in one main area of Dresden, Germany. I think they're the only ones like it in the whole country!





Naturally, when you think of transportation, you think of "trains and boats and planes", right? Well, we've seen some pretty fun things in those departments, too. Left click on any shot to see closeups of antique trains, a police boat and a boat full of tourists almost hitting the bridge! Then there's this shot of a very old crop duster passing by our bus window!





But cars are still everyone's favorite mode of transportation, don't you think? Not only have we seen some neat vehicles but this one house was covered with licence plates!





How about these trucks over here? Lots of Teddies in the front window of this semi - and a car carrier with all his toys on the back. (Lekker means nice and is a word you hear a lot in Holland and Germany as well as in Chechoslavakia apparently!)




I got to go on a bus tour with K&M (more on that later) and I was impressed with the driver's Teddy - plus the fact that some 'wheels on the bus' don't just go "'round and 'round".




We've seen horse-drawn carriages in a lot of the cities over here! And behind them are always the cleaner-uppers!!




Here's a picture with horses AND a fire truck in it, Boys:

(We'd gone to a medeival festival in a nearby town - more on that later, too!)
Finally, for now anyway, I just had to post pictures of Ken's LEAST favorite form of travel. He was SO brave! - Teddy




P.S. Speaking of transportation, HOW WOULD YOU FIGURE THIS ONE OUT?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home