Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Town of Breclav Itself



In strolling around the town during free time, it was plain to see why the price was so reasonable for the hotel. The shopping area certainly was dated and it was obvious that we were in a time warp of sorts. Check out the novel way of selling coffee in the streets.

As far as attractions, the town is home to an ancient jewish synagogue which is used for concerts and things. We never did find the cemetary, however.


There were a few other buildings to admire, as well as a super old truck, a couple of construction sites either in the process or at a standstill, and a curious piece of art.









The town's 'main attraction' is its castle which dates back to the 11th century. It was part of the Lichtenstein family's estate and was rebuilt several times after fires and other catastrophes threatened to destroy it. It obviously needs a lot more work (which seems to be underway) but it looks better at night than during the day. I hope I look that good when I get to be that age, though.








The castle had a wine cellar down below. That was worth investigating one night - with our new friends, despite the language restrictions.
(P.S. I didn't overdue it but I did have a hard time getting up the next day.)
Hiccup - Teddy



We had to move inside because of the mosquitos. In these pictures are Rolf, Christa, Traude, Ken & Marijke and Kirsten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home