Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 4 - Bratislava Here We Come




The castle was quite interesting and provided nice views, etc. - see the windmills in the distance?






As you can tell, Bratislava has a wealth of great architecture and interesting doorways & steeples, etc. I couldn't get enough shots before the bus came to get us!

Here's our guide for the town - she gave us English translations as often as she could! That made the town come even more alive. And she was sweet enough to take a picture of the group (though she cut off a few at each end, I think!)



Here's Napolean and here's one of the canon balls that he left in the town. He doesn't look like such a bad guy, does he!

Sometimes I've been accused of being a little bit like the Paparazzi - the name of this restaurant. Don't you love these statues? Someone has a great sense of humor in this town.



All this heat (34 degrees celcius) led to quite a downpour late in the day. K & M were glad to find shelter in a little cafe where they met a Czech girl just dying to practice her English! Bring your Teddy and come see us, Barbara.


Mozart lived in this town for a year and Franz Litz is remembered, too. (Did I hear correctly that he died here?)


This last photo sure did make us realize how far we were from home! As Rolf liked to sing, in his strong German accent: "it's a long way to Tipperary, it's a long way to go..." Love, TR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home