Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 3 - Castles in Three Towns!


Just 'hanging out' for a moment along the path.

Can you see me in Marjke's bag?










Our first stop of the day was to the palace-castle in Lednice. Rolf, Christa, Ken, Marijke and I first took a beautiful walk to the 50 meter hight Minoret which afforded fantastic views. On our way there and back, we ran into Kirsten and Traude and a stork - and lots of different vegetation. There was just enough time before the bus left to check out the conservatory - it was HUGE and the columns were made to give the appearance of a tropical paradise. It worked!



Even without the walk and the 300 steps of the Minoret, there was SO much to see around the grounds of this magnificent place! It was hard to leave for our second stop - Mikulov:






Here are Christa and Rolf at a great heigth, not acting their ages again.
Next stop was Valtice, a sweet castle with actors doing their bit to set the mood for us tourists. You can tell Ken and Marijke wanted to be part of the act, though.







By the end of the day, our whole bus entourage pretty much decided that three castles in a day was a LOT to take in. Our poor feet - but, more importantly for me, I could bearly keep the pictures straight after downloading them. Like the one of me with this gigantic bell. Guess it doesn't really matter where it was, right? It's definitely a Beary good shot. Love, TR

1 Comments:

Blogger Will Gibbs said...

great shots TR! we like that cute couple you are with too! - love shinny and danny

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home