Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 5 - Vienna, Austria



First stop in Vienna was a visit to this crazy part of town. I forget the artist who created such cool buildings but it was a place I could have stayed all day!! Someone please help the bear if you know who this guy was or is! I'm getting beary hair-brained.

Next on the tour was - what else - a castle! One of many in this town. Bit too many rooms for K&M to clean on their own, though - and they'd need a few good gardeners, too.

Front view

half of back



other half of back.

Obviously there were the usual exquisite buildings, doorways and statues (see below) but the fact that the Vienna Boys' Choir still practice behind this door gave me quite a thrill. The whole church is now covered up by 'rooms' that have been created over the years by new generations of the Royals.









The sculptor who created this work of art was amazing - all the weight rests on the horse's two back legs.

Let's face it, I've got to go back to Vienna! I don't even remember this queen's name - just the fact that she had 16 kids. That's one good way to get immortalized, I guess.
See you in a few - Teddy (I've got to go cut Marijke's hair!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tootie said...

Love the updates! I think that Queen in the last shot might be Maria Theresa, the mother of Marie Antoinette, who was her 16th and youngest child. She was a very hard working queen, apparently continuing her correspondence and managing her empire even from her bed while recovering from childbirth. Can you imagine?

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home