Teddy on a Mission

Just so you know, I am a traveling bear. This is a place where I can share text & pictures of the fun (and hopefully worthwhile) things I do with my unparents, Ken and Marijke.

Name:
Location: Greer, South Carolina, United States

I started this blog for the bear-loving friends in my church mostly since they were kind enough to send me on a mission trip to France. That was in 2006. Hopefully I'll get to go on other trips, too (like this most recent extended trip in 2009). But my main mission is to bear each blessed day with gratitude.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Forgot to Post Something: Art in a Castle!











When K, M and I were passing through Clermont Ferrand, we stopped in at Chateaugay on the off-chance that we'd see our dear friends, Ann and Christian. They weren't home then (we'll get to see them in a couple of weeks) but we happened upon an art show in the castle which was a delightful surprise.

Next I'll post some of the latest pieces that Ken has been working on. His watercolor techniques are really getting good - maybe when we get back home he'll have to have his own showing! We might not find a castle quite THIS old, though (13th century, I think.)

To put things in the proper timeline for you, after this we stayed with Igor and Claudine and had coffee/drinks with the D'Herouville's! That seems like such a long time ago! But looking at the pictures brings the happy memories back immediately! - TR

P.S. A & C are between China and Romania so we feel fortunate to see them for a couple of days. Ken wants to help with a construction project - these two guys really work so well together! And the girls will laugh and remember square dancing lessons in Greenville! I hope they don't throw me in a bag somewhere and forget about me in all the excitement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home